Candied Plantain Temptation. 16 servings.
- 3 large ripe plantains
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- Hit the plantains on all sides with a wooden spoon to soften.
- Peel and cut into 5 pieces each.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil on high heat; add plantains.
- Fry until brown.
- Combine sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and water.
- Reduce heat to low and pour liquid over plantains.
- Continue cooking until the liquid thickens, about 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.