Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ large head red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ large head white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup light vegetable oil
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbages and the carrots.
- Toss to mix the colors.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seeds, and salt.
- Cover and shake to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the oil and cover again.
- Shake very well.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots and toss.
- Set aside to "wilt" a bit before serving or refrigerating.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.