- Set aside 1 cup each of chopped onions and green peppers.
- Put the roast in a dutch oven.
- Liquify tomatoes, juice included, in a blender and pour over the meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and enough wine to cover the everything.
- Cover and cook in a 350°F oven for about 3 hours.
- Take the meat out and set aside.
- Add the remaining onions and peppers to the pan.
- Simmer on top of stove until cooked down to a fairly heavy consistency (like spaghetti sauce).
- Meanwhile, shred the meat finely with your hands.
- Return the meat to the sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles.