- 1 spongecake 9 x 13 in.
- ½ can "Coco López" or coconut milk
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- In a saucepan mix the 2 cans evaporated milk, egg yolks, cornstarch, and the sugar and let boil.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the spongecake in 1 inch slices and arrange a layer in the bottom of a pyrex dish.
- Moisten the spongecake with the coconut milk or "Coco López".
- Pour half the cream and cover with another layer of spongecake.
- Moisten again with the rest of the coconut milk or "Coco López".
- Pour the rest of the cream.
- Repeat until you finish with some spongecake.
Italian meringue Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.