- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 peeled cucumbers, sliced
- 1 peeled cucumber, seeded, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 sliced leek, white part only
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tbsp salt
- white pepper to taste
- 1 cup light cream
- 1½ lemons for juice
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- Heat butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and saute two sliced cucumbers gently over low heat 3–4 minutes.
- Add dill, leek, and bay leaf and cook over low heat for 20 minutes until cucumbers are tender.
- Stir in flour until flour is absorbed.
- Add stock and salt and simmer gently 30 minutes more.
- Let mixture cool 30 minutes and then puree in a blender ½ at a time.
- Return to pan or place in a refrigerator container with tight cover, adding white pepper if desired.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Stir in diced cucumber.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.