- 3 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 sliced onion
- ¼ of orange juice 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 chopped garlic
- 1 lb. diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 large or 4 small green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup chicken cooking liquid, strained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- salt, white and cayenne pepper
- Place the chicken breast on a pot, cover with water and add the sliced onion, 1 tsp.
- salt and a dash of white pepper.
- If you like you can also add some chopped cilantro leaves.
- Let cook until the chicken breasts are done.
- Let cool in the liquid.
- Take the skin off the chicken breasts and also take out the bones.
- Cut the chicken meat into small cubes.
- Place in a large bowl or jar.
- Now add all the other ingredients on the list and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, add some cayenne pepper to taste too. In Latin America we prepare a lot of spicy dishes and this is supposed to be somewhat hot, but if you don't like pepper you can omit it. Also add some chopped cilantro leaves, if you like.
- Let this marinate overnight in the fridge and serve cold with crackers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.