Description[edit | edit source]
This recipe is delicious. Recently I fixed a Panamanian dinner for close friends here in Colorado with arroz con pollo, plantain, stuffed chayote, mango salad and a coffee dessert. It was a big hit! Note: saffron is expensive and sometimes hard to find. I buy packaged saffron rice and substitute half that kind with regular plain white rice, and it gives it a wonderful flavor.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- about a cup of Crisco
- 2 bay leaves
- 15 oz tomato paste
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 tsp onion Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Green olives
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Brown chicken in crisco.
- Then add tomato sauce, parsley, onion powder, garlic, bay leaves, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until chicken is tender..
- Remove chicken and add rice.
- Cook on medium high until liquid is absorbed.
- Then cover tightly and steam until rice is done.
- Arrange chicken around the sides (or remove chicken from bones and add to rice) parsley may also be used to decorate.